Position: Consumables Buyer
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time
Role Purpose: To ensure production has the required consumables to run at its best efficiency without any down time. Manage the release of $25-30M Consumables inventory spend.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Coordinate consumables inventory (in-house and at supplier) by placing release orders.
- Work closely with manufacturing and inventory control to maintain adequate stock levels and prevent over-supply or shortage that could result in a line shutdown
- Liaise with Consumables Inventory Receiving and Purchasing to resolve any outstanding receiving issues
- Follow up / expedite open orders and coordinate pick-ups with dispatch daily so that consumables arrive on schedule.
- Managing the daily replenishment, scrap reporting and re-ordering of plastic containers including bins and lids, MLF baskets and IFCO baskets for multiple locations. Coordination with container cleaning/supply (Boxsys & IFCO), transportation and intercompany.
- Running Supplier stock reports and replenishing as required. Validate that existing data is correct, that the report is running properly, and obtain and enter data for all suppliers. Analysis of Blanket Order report to assist with long range planning.
- Assist with preparing and analyzing weekly Feature Sheets for forecast planning.
- PPV (Purchase Price Variance) analysis and resolution of significant issues across Consumables categories.
- Manage data collection of Cost Savings projects. Responsible for achieving own category savings projects.
- Assist with preparation of annual Consumables Standard Cost Budget.
- Coordinate the resolution of invoice discrepancies (price, volume or freight) with Account Payable
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in the food industry.
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.)
- Working knowledge of GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety & quality
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while organizing and prioritizing workload.
- General computer skills (e.g. MS Office) and advanced ERP skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of process improvement tools
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Finance or equivalent
- Courses in Supply Chain is an asset
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
Working Condition: Office based with visits to Inventory storage and Production areas
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.