This is a guest blog post by the GG Sisters.
With all the extra-curricular activities happening after school, quick and easy dinners are a must in both our households.
And of course, we are using our fave Maple Lodge Farms® Fresh From The Farm® Chicken breast for this recipe.
Ingredients for Chicken Souvlaki:
- 1 Pack of Maple Lodge Farms® Fresh From The Farm® Chicken Breast cut in cubes
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 125 ml of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 1 red onion
- 2 red and yellow peppers
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pack of Pitas
- Create marinade and mix oregano, olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon, salt, garlic, and pepper.
- Place chicken in marinade and let it sit in fridge for 3 to 4 hours covered.
- Cut red onion, peppers, tomatoes and place to one side of pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add chicken to other side of pan.
- Put in oven for 20 minutes last two minutes turn to broil for a nice crunch.
- Serve in a warm pita and add fresh tzatziki & feta. Recipe below.
- 1/2 of a large cucumber grated and drain excess water
- 1 1/2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix altogether and leave in fridge overnight and serve!
We also have some big news… you can catch us cooking LIVE on Saturday, November 2nd, 2019 from The Royal Winter Fair in Toronto! We are going to be cooking this recipe for everyone, so pop in and come join our cooking show!
Make sure you enter the MLF giveaway contest to see us there!
This blog was sponsored by Maple Lodge Farms® however all thoughts and ideas are our own.
This is a guest post by the GG sisters; keep reading for spooktacular snacks your kids are sure to love!
Every Halloween we always find ourselves in a rush to have dinner ready and get the kids out the door so they can go trick-or-treating. This Halloween, we decided to change things up and create an easy Halloween-themed dinner that is not only fun but super delicious! Read on to see how to make our Spooky Pulled Chicken Dip & Jack-O-Lantern Quesadillas (using Maple Lodge Farms® Fresh From The Farm® chicken of course!).
Jack -O- Lantern Quesadilla’s
- Place chicken breasts, salsa, onion, salt, pepper, olive oil, and taco seasoning for 3 to 4 hours in slow- cooker.
- At 3 hours and 15 minutes mark, grab a fork and start shredding the kitchen with a fork and then let it cook for remainder of time in slow-cooker.
- While chicken is slow -cooking start making pumpkins out of your tortillas. Tip: Use scissors, it’s much easier.
- Now it’s time to create. Have one flat tortilla (not cut) shell and drop some shredded chicken on it, then add shredded cheese so it’s all orange. Then add cut out pumpkin.
- Place in oven at 400 F for 10 minutes.
Spooky Pulled Chicken Dip
- Grab a deep-dish bowl.
- Spread the salsa for the first layer.
- Add shredded chicken (If you are making both recipes use remainder of chicken from above) for the second layer.
- Add a generous amount of cheese for the third layer (not all of it – save some for the top part).
- Layer 4- ½ of the red pepper chopped up.
- Add aour cream (you will need some for later).
- Add Quacamole. Spread and pat everything down with a spatula.
- Create a border with the remainder of your shredded cheese
- Add olives around edges (but save two to create a spider!).
- Add cut cherry tomatoes and onions around border.
- Get remainder of sour cream, put in a zip lock bag and cut a hole on the end.
- Draw circles in the middle with your sour cream bag and then lines across each circle to make it look like a spider web in the middle.
- Cut up a few olives and make a spider out of olives and place in the middle of web.
- Serve with chips!
Happy Halloween friends!
If you try these recipes let us know, we would love to see how they turned out for you.
This post was sponsored by Maple Lodge Farms®, however all thoughts and ideas are our own.
Fall is finally here! Take advantage of the crisp air and beautiful fall colours by rounding up the family, bundling up and heading outside. With school back in full swing, the weekends are the perfect time for some family fun. What better way to make the most of your weekend than by embracing the season with fall-inspired activities?
Let’s get creative! What better way to get excited about Halloween than by sculpting your own Jack-O-Lantern? Pumpkin carving can be messy but it’s also a great way to get your creative juices flowing while spending quality time together. Grab a pumpkin at your local farm and get carving!
DIY Fall Drinks
It’s that time of year again; time to indulge in your favourite fall flavours! Looking for a rainy-day activity or something to do when it’s too chilly outside? How about getting in the kitchen and concocting some fall flavoured drinks! Why not try adding pumpkin spice to your traditional hot cocoa or turning a glass of apple cider into a punch? If pumpkin spice isn’t your thing, try adding a hint of cinnamon to your favourite drink. Pair your drink with a movie and a fuzzy blanket and you have the perfect rainy Sunday activity!
Support local farmers and get picking! This fall tradition has become popular for good reason; it’s a great way to get outside and spend time with the family. Apple picking is a favourite for all ages and no matter where you live, there’s bound to be a farm near you. Most farms offer other activities for kids like mazes, hayrides and petting zoos; no one’s getting bored here!
Not sure what to do with your apple haul? Make lunchtime more fun by going beyond the classic apple pie and making an Apple Chicken Grilled Cheese!
Bundle up and get ready to fall in love!