We are creating a sustainable future by providing healthy, wholesome, best quality chicken products with a focus on the humane treatment of animals, the responsible use of resources and the positive development of our employees and the communities in which we operate.
Maple Lodge Farms provides stable employment for more than 2900 people across the communities we operate in. That means that our efforts to keep people happy and healthy extend beyond our walls and into the communities we serve through some of the following initiatives:
- Comprehensive and job specific health & safety training
- A fair and transparent compensation framework built on market wage surveys
- Leadership, coaching, and skills development training
- A dedication to diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives
Without our community, there would be no us. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to participate in charitable causes such as:
- The Maple Lodge Farms Foundation has supported local charities for over 20 years. We have recently partnered with Children’s Miracle Network to help improve the health of children across the country.
- We are a SickKids Hospital Catalyst Donor, dedicating $1 million over 5 years to building the new SickKids in Toronto
- We donated products with a retail value of over $250K to local food banks in the past year
- We support over 200 community events through the Maple Lodge Farms’ Special Events Team annually
At Maple Lodge Farms we know that the best chicken comes from birds that are raised ethically. To ensure our products are the best, we demand a high standard of animal welfare throughout our process:
- Comprehensive animal welfare training for all our employees who work at hatcheries, on farms, for catching or transportation companies, or those who handle live birds at our processing facility.
- Zero tolerance policy for violations of our humane care policy with an anonymous reporting mechanism to trigger action.
- We work with a dedicated team of field consultants to assist our farmer partners.
- State-of-the-art modular loading, trucking, and controlled atmosphere stunning system.
Responsible Resource Use
Having our roots in family farming means being a good steward of the environment is just part of our DNA. As a company, our philosophy is that sustainability shouldn’t be a separate plan or project but instead a mindset, a way of doing business. We are committed to conserving resources and reducing our impact on the environment every day. As a proud recipient of Canada’s Clean 50 Top Projects award, we could not be prouder of our many conservation initiatives including:
- Being one of the first processors in Canada to install biological organic air filtration system to remove odour emissions from our Brampton plant
- Operating an onsite water waste treatment facility which recycles approximately 2500 cubic meters of water, per day!
- Operating a cogeneration plant that generates 50% of our electricity requirements and supplies all steam and hot water at our Brampton facility
- Having a 90% waste diversion rate
Healthy Food for All
Now to the meat of the matter: providing high quality, healthy and delicious food for our families across the nation. We consider this our number one priority, and one we take very seriously:
- We oversee the process from egg to grocery store to ensure a high standard of bird welfare, and food quality and safety at every step along the way to your table.
- Our field representatives and veterinarians work closely with farmers to ensure chickens are healthy and growing as expected.
- Our operations are certified to the highest standards of the Global Food Safety Initiative and are rigorously monitored and tested through internal and third-party audits.
- We are proud to offer a full range of nutritious products including natural, raised without antibiotics, organic, and halal offerings which expand beyond just chicken.
- We are committed to contributing high quality food to those in need through our partnerships with several local food banks.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
In fulfilling our mission, we at Maple Lodge Farms are committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our clients, customers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises. We understand that we have a responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone.
As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (IASR) and Ontario’s Human Rights Code (The Code). Please read our Customer Service Accessibility Policy, Integrated Accessibility Standards Policy and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan.
For further information on our policies, please contact us.