Position: Cafeteria Worker
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
Interested in joining a privately family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth – we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Role Purpose: Responsible for providing general help and support to the Cafeteria, through safe and responsible food preparation, service and housekeeping.
Shift: Monday – Friday, 1:30p.m. – 10p.m.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Prepares and cooks meals according to the daily menu ensuring freshness and variety, adhering to all food safety preparation guidelines and Company safety/food handling procedures. Bakes, prepares sandwiches, salads and other items.
- Provides excellent service to customers by preparing and serving meals in a timely fashion, including but not limited to breakfast (made-to-order to customer satisfaction, and pre-made products).
- Performs cash handling according to the Company’s cash handling policy.
- Bakes fresh goods daily according to menu as determined by the Food & Beverage Manager and ensures that they are displayed for sale.
- Takes inventory and stocks products and informs Food & Beverage Manager when the product needs to be ordered. Responsible for taking monthly inventory (front and back of house) and submitted to Food & Beverage Manager for any required action.
- Performs regular housekeeping duties, complying with all Health and Safety Standards.
- Shop for product from nearby stores on occasion, to ensure availability of menu items.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent customer service skills, and experience in customer service preferred;
- Experience with handling cash an asset;
- Basic knowledge of cafeteria functions;
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Safe Food Handler Certificate an asset.
Working Condition: Cafeteria based.
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.