Position: Delivery Dispatcher
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time
Role Purpose: The delivery dispatcher’s responsibility is to Route, Schedule drivers for pick-ups and deliveries to customers and Vendors for Maple Lodge Farms. Dispatchers also act as after hour liaisons for internal Maple Lodge Farms Departments where support is required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Schedule drivers to pick up or deliver loads to customers or vendors.
- Responsible for keeping records and answering internal / external phone calls.
- Administer after hour Customer service requests numbers
- Sign off on Driver Transportation Security Sheets
- Monitor fleet movement and operations through the Day
- Support compliance of Incident Investigations
- Monitor driver’s hours of service and availability of equipment.
- Transmit instructions to drivers pertaining to pick up, delivery and efficiencies
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner; and assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of improved department specific processes, policies and procedures.
SAFETY, QUALITY, ENVIRONMENT & BRC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Promote and comply with all Maple Lodge Farms Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, and Environmental Management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices laid out by the company.
- Actively participate in all internal and external audits.
- Investigate, find root cause, determine corrective action and/or preventative measures and follow up on any deviations noted while performing assigned tasks.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 yrs’ experience in food industry with three years in a people leadership role.
- Working knowledge of GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety & quality.
- Problem identification and solving capabilities with the ability to work under pressure in a fast- paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail (accuracy)
- General computer skills (e.g. MS Office)
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Supply Chain, Business Administration or equivalent an asset
- Certification or designation in Supply Chain Management (i.e. CSCMP) is an asset.
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
Working Condition: Office based
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.