Director, Live Supply & Demand Planning
Position: Director, Live Supply & Demand Planning
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time
Role Purpose: Lead Live and Production Supply & Demand planning for Brampton and Holdco raw materials and resulting in optimized Customer delivery and commodity profitability across Holdco.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for Holdco Sales Forecasting and Raw Material Planning and participates in Holdco Strategic and Tactics planning and execution.
- Works with Sales to approve and optimize feature activity planning and limit unplanned commodity sales.
- Works with Operations to plan long term and daily production need.
- Works with Grower Services to plan live volume and bird size requirements to meet sales and production requirements.
- Provides reporting and guidance on Freezer Inventories for finished goods and raw materials. Plans and informs freezer inventories for all Broiler and Hen meats across Holdco.
- Works to integrate overall Live Supply Planning for broilers including Egg Placement on Farms, Catching and Production Scheduling. Works with Live Haul as an integrated supply chain partner. (Future State).
- Live Supply Planning for Hens including raw material forecasting and Production Planning (Future state).
- Works with VP’s and consultants to develop consistent planning and reporting tools across Holdco.
- Strategic Planning & Budgeting– works with VP’s, Nadeau and EVP to develop 1-year Budgets and 5-year Strategic Plans for raw material and production planning.
- Works with Hatchery team to optimize egg production schedule that meets bird size requirements for Brampton.
- People Management: provides overall management of Demand Planning team, including the management of individuals indirectly through subordinate supervisors or managers; establish goals and priorities and manage the activities and work of subordinates, evaluate their performance by providing feedback to ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance with individual set targets; responsible for all aspects of Human Resources functions for team including hiring, onboarding, performance management and disciplinary matters; and develop team capabilities through continue on-the-job and formal training opportunities and coaching.
- Budgeting:prepare, recommend and manage a budget for the direct area of responsibility by conducting analysis and preparing data to support requested budget; monitor the financial performance of area of responsibility against approved budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized on; and works with Sales, Operations, Grower Services and Finance to prepare raw material maps for Fiscal Budgeting process.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures:adhere/comply with company policies and procedures; recommend, develop and implement enhancements and improvements to departmental policies and procedures; and ensure that all employees under position leadership, follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in demand planning and familiarity with primary processing.
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge of knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS, and all other workplace H&S regulations;
- Team-player with excellent leadership skills, able to motivate others, negotiate effectively, and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to work / excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Knowledge of process improvement tools.
- General Computer Skills (e.g. MS Office); Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skill
Education and Certification Requirement: Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field required.
Working Condition: Office-based with some external travel to Mississauga, Co-Packers, Co-Cutters, Nadeau and Eden Valley.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.