General Maintenance Worker
Position: General Maintenance Worker
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time
Role Purpose: General maintenance functions, maintenance repairs and upkeep to equipment, facility, yard, chicken shop, and properties.
Shift: Monday to Friday from 11:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and/ 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m (requires flexibility)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Maintains Maple Lodge Farms buildings, yards and properties, including but not limited to: repairing, painting, resurfacing, replacing, cleaning (i.e. floors, walls, ceilings, roofs, doors, etc.), plowing, salting, sanding or watering, picking up garbage, and spraying or cutting down weeds in the yard.
- Completes preventative maintenance inspections, and schedules work orders.
- Cleans up and removes scrap from the bone yards.
- Assists other trades as necessary.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Must possess mechanical aptitude;
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
Education and Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma; Grade 12, or equivalent
- Forklift or Backhoe license
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
Working Condition: Plant, Yard, Properties. Heavy lifting, working at heights
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.