General Receiver/ Housekeeping – Consumables Inventory
Position: General Receiver/ Housekeeping - Consumables Inventory
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time
Role Purpose: Responsible for the overall receiving and proper storage of goods in the Consumables Warehouse, keeping the warehouse as organized and clean as possible.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Completes BT truck pre-shifts checks.
- Follow FIFO (first in / first out) practices with ingredients and segregates all allergens by placing them in a designated area.
- As part of BRC requirements, they confirm that all food contact packaging and ingredients have an EAN128 barcode for scanning purposes. In the event that they do not have a barcode, they are put into the staging area to be labelled with an internal MLF barcode label and eventually put in their designated area.
- Adhere to good housekeeping standards by collecting skids, emptying garbage bins and sweeping floors, cleaning floors drains as required.
- Puts away cafeteria food stock as required.
- Reviews and signs Receiving log
- Housekeeping: provides service to the Plant when requests for assistance with packaging are received; applies anti-bacterial compound on warehouse floors to reduce bacterial load as per Q.A. on a daily basis; and act as a back up to other Receivers during breaks, lunches and to cover vacation time.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Have a basic understanding of working in a warehouse environment along with previous experience working in a warehouse.
- Understand concept of FIFO and 5S
- Working knowledge of HACCP.
- Ability to drive BT machine and stacker.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- BT, Stacker and forklift license
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Cold/hot environment
- Wet/dry environment
- Warehouse/ outside yard based
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.