Grower Services Procurement Assistant
Position: Grower Services Procurement Assistant
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time
Role Purpose: Create a preference for growers to purchase Maple Lodge offerings including feed and chicks, and delivering high quality birds for slaughter to Maple Lodge Farms. Assembles data required to generate and report grower payments for procured chicken.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Pulls all information for birds shipping (specs), prints and distributes spec sheets for payments, and calculates feed statements.
- Records all information for blood testing and completes associated paperwork.
- Updates growers’ deal sheets and processes growers’ payments daily. Tracks all prepayments received from growers, and checks over all chick bills for accuracy. Keeps list of growers / representatives updated electronically.
- Keeps track of loan information and growers’ poultry purchases.
- Checks all weigh bills for correct totals (weights and number of birds).
- Checks Form 68 before sending to the marketing board.
- Orders supplies for the Procurement department.
- Tracks of all post-dated cheques.
- Maintain and build on digital record creation process and digitization of the Grower Services functions.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- 1 year of clerical experience.
- Must be able to handle vials of blood;
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Computer literacy (MS Office), Sharepoint
Education and Certification Requirement/s: Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field.
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
Working Condition: Office based
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.