Position: HACCP Coordinator
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time
Role Purpose: Reviews, updates and maintains all written programs, SOPs, Work Instructions, and HACCP plans to ensure they are current, accurate, both to plant procedures and regulatory requirements through CFIA and BRC.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Work with the QA Supervisor, QA team and various functional areas in ensuring accuracy to all programs, policies, HACCP plan, and records that are impacted by BRC requirements (including product specification documents). Maintains all information via the secured company data base and ensuring that all program information reflects actual plant procedures, is compliant to written programs (Prerequisites, HACCP, BRC) and is readily available to the functional groups.
- Conduct reassessments of food safety programs as per the prescribed schedule
- Support NPD in tasks related to product development such as specification creation/updates as required.
- Support QA Supervisor in the approvals of new ingredients and packaging (Consumable Revisions) as required.
- Assists QA Supervisor in all required training: orientation, annual GMP, HACCP refresher, QA Technician, etc.
- Provide CFIA with the necessary paperwork in a timely manner to complete their Compliance Verification System (CVS) tasks and support completion of Verification Reports – Items Requiring Correction as required.
- Reviews and monitors changing regulatory policy and reports to Senior QA staff so that necessary changes can be made in a timely manner.
- Analyze micro and product analysis data to provide Quality and Food Safety recommendations to management as required.
- Assist in conducting root cause analysis for non-conformities and customer complaints.
- Assist in performing Internal Audits by gathering necessary information as requested.
- Assist in issuing Supplier Non-Conformance reports as required.
- Prepare all QA test schedules and ensure compliance as requested by QA Supervisor. Perform on-site inspections, testing, and trend analysis when requested to ensure that the product manufactured complies to the customer’s requirements and company specifications.
- Support QA Supervisor in scheduling of QA staff, ensuring coverage of all shifts, during vacations and absences.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: adhere/comply with company policies and procedures; and follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
SAFETY, QUALITY, ENVIRONMENT & BRC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Promote and comply with all Maple Lodge Farms Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, and Environmental Management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in HACCP/GFSI role(s) in the food industry, preferably in meat and in a unionized environment
- Team-player with the ability to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders (including CFIA Inspectors)
- Working knowledge of quality assurance principles, food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Dynamic and proactive employee, with a strong ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while organizing and prioritizing workload
- General computer skills (e.g. MS Office).
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Food Science or related field required.
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
Working Condition: Office (60%) / plant based (40%)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.