Internal Controls Analyst
Position: Internal Controls Analyst
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Responsible for the examination and evaluation of the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the Company’s internal control systems and procedures.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Drafts the Internal Audit Charter and develops risk-based annual audit plans, detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities. Designs internal audit procedures and work programs.
- Recommends corrective action to improve and enhance operations and internal control systems and procedures. Solicits feedback on challenges and proactively proposes solutions.
- Assists in the design, development and implementation of internal controls and establishing an internal control culture, including setting policies, documenting controls, training Corporate Finance staff and implementing value added controls.
- Conducts internal audits to assess the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the Company’s internal control systems and procedures. Identifies key areas of risk, and proposes appropriate controls to mitigate such risks.
- Discusses audit findings and recommendations with the line managers, and reports significant issues to Senior Management. Monitors the timely implementation of the management actions recommended in the audit reports.
- Conducts ad-hoc investigations and reviews as requested by Senior Management or the Audit Committee.
- Liaises with the external auditor on internal control issues, and reports on such issues as well as the implementation of the internal audit plan to Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Remains up-to-date with current and emerging accounting related issues and developments.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
SAFETY, QUALITY, ENVIRONMENT ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Promote and comply with all Maple Lodge Farms Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, and Environmental Management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience in finance and controls, ideally with a background in auditing;
- In-depth knowledge of technical accounting (GAAP), auditing principles and risk management techniques;
- Previous hands-on experience in SOX would be a plus
- Experience with process improvement/change, combined with strong project management skills
- Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of internal control processes;
- Team-player with excellent leadership skills, able to motivate others, negotiate effectively, and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Knowledge of process improvement tools;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Able to persevere, remain flexible, place details in a wider context, and clearly explain findings.
- General computer skills (MS Office, Visio, ERP)
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-Secondary Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration;
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CIA, CMA, CGA) required;
- Auditing certificate preferred
- Team Player
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to: email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.