Machine Operator (Evisceration)
Position: Machine Operator (Evisceration)
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time
Role Purpose: Responsible for operating the designated machine in a safe and proper manner, monitoring for mechanical problems or hazards, and conducting or arranging for maintenance as required.
Shift: Friday to Monday (weekends); 11:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Performs assigned tasks in the designated department to ensure that the equipment is maintained and operates at optimal performance.
- Troubleshoots and repairs equipment when necessary; dismantles, cleans, and reassembles equipment as needed for processing.
- Works closely with Department and Maintenance Supervisor, providing feedback as to how equipment is performing.
- Sets up equipment to ensure that all products manufactured in the department meet Company and customer requirements.
- Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition, according to GMPs.
- Completes department-specific tasks as applicable (e.g. weight checks, smoke concentration, line speed, temperature records, etc.)
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: adhere/comply with company policies and procedures; and follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Some experience with machine operation, and/or must possess mechanical aptitude;
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge of knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS, and all other workplace H&S regulations;
- Ability to work / excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- General Computer Skills (e.g. MS Office)
Education and Certification Requirement: High School Diploma required.
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
Working Condition: Plant-based
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.