Maintenance Mechanic Technician
Position: Maintenance Mechanic Technician
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
Interested in joining a privately family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth – we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Role purpose: Maintain equipment, troubleshoot and complete emergency repairs to keep the plant running as efficiently as possible.
Shift: Sunday–Thursday; 3:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Investigate, find root cause, determine corrective actions/preventative measures and follow up on any deviations, customer and consumer complaints.
- Participates and cooperates with all internal and external audits to ensure equipment and plant machinery is running efficiently and safely and to ensure that the grounds are maintained as expected.
- Shares information, experience and knowledge with other Machine Operators with respect to preventative maintenance and problem symptoms.
- Acts as a lead by providing direction and support to other Machine Operators.
- Performs assigned tasks in the designated department to ensure that the equipment is maintained and operates at optimal performance, including troubleshooting and repairing equipment when necessary.
- Work closely with Department and Maintenance Supervisor, providing feedback as to how equipment is performing.
- Set up equipment to ensure that all products manufactured in the department meet the company and customer requirements.
- Dismantle, clean, and reassemble equipment for processing, as needed.
- Accurately and completely record the monitoring tasks in the related department records.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition according to GMPs.
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces, and generators, according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess mechanical aptitude;
- 3 years of experience as a Maintenance Mechanic
- Ability to work from schematics, drawings and prints when troubleshooting;
- Must possess mechanical aptitude;
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Education and Certification Requirements:
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in a related field.
- Tow Motor License
WORKING CONDITIONS: Plant based. Physically demanding work in all kinds of working environments.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.