Position: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Mississauga, Ontatio
Employment Type: Full-time
Role Purpose: Responsible for the oversight of all aspects of Maintenance at Maple Lodge Farms Mississauga.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Safely and efficiently defines and delegates roles and responsibilities to ensure and promote effective maintenance of equipment and facility with minimal downtime and breakdown conditions.
- Conducts, monitors, and keeps record of safety training to ensure employees comply with and meet all safety requirements.
- Performs general building maintenance functions and is responsible for overseeing all maintenance repairs to equipment and facility by all trades.
- Monitors and ensures outside contractors and OEMs are approved to work at Maple Lodge Farms, and are working in a safe manner.
- Coordinates and schedules repairs and rebuilds. Investigates and analyzes equipment failures and breakdowns. Adjusts machinery and repairs or replaces defective parts, and cleans, lubricates, and performs other routine maintenance work on machinery.
- Inspects electrical and mechanical machinery and equipment to investigate irregularities and non-functioning equipment. Informs Maintenance Manager of any outstanding mechanical matters.
- Performs preventative maintenance on production and supporting equipment as outlined in the Company’s Preventative Maintenance Program.
- People Supervision: organize and supervise the activities and work of a small team of subordinates to ensure that all assigned work activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner; and provide formal and informal feedback to subordinates to ensure their continuous development and overall contribution to the achievement of Maple Lodge Farms business strategy.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner; and assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of improved Maintenance processes, policies and procedures.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 years’ experience in industrial maintenance in a food industry (food industry experience is an asset); poultry industry experience a definite asset
- Must possess mechanical and electrical aptitude;
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
- Team-player with excellent leadership skills, able to motivate others, negotiate effectively, and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- General Computer Skills (MS Office).
Education and/ Certification Requirement: Licensed Tradesperson.
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
Working Condition: Plant-based
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.