Production Supervisor (Mississauga)
Position: Production Supervisor (Mississauga)
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time
Role Purpose: Accomplishes production staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Ensures that operations procedures and processes are followed and enforced daily. This includes: safety, quality, yield, product and labour costing, public relations, union issues, HACCP, BRC, etc…
- Ensures that Production employees have received adequate good manufacturing practices and technical training and that all Junior Supervisors are following all procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures that products manufactured in the department meet the company and customer requirements.
- Liaises with other departments to ensure that all plant expectations are met. Provide feedback to Production Manager to resolve any issues that arise.
- Participates and/or assigns employees to work on new product development and plant trials.
- Verify employee records or forms related to health & safety, production, and time sheets on a weekly basis, and liaise with employees to correct any inaccuracies.
- People Supervision: Organize and supervise the activities and work of a small team of subordinates to ensure that all assigned work activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner; and provide formal and informal feedback to subordinates to ensure their continuous development and overall contribution to the achievement of Maple Lodge Farms business strategy.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner; and assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of improved departmental processes, policies and procedures.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Five years’ experience in a food manufacturing industry, preferably meat and in a unionized environment, with a minimum of 3 years in a Supervisory role.
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Computer literacy (MS Office);
- Mandarin language is an asset.
Education and Certification Requirement/s: Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in related field.
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
Working Condition: Plant based; 80% of time is spent on the plant floor; 20% of time is spent in office setting
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.