Position: Purchasing Coordinator
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time
Role Purpose: Primarily responsible for purchasing non-stock items based on requisition from IT, Marketing, Sanitation, QA and Maintenance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Generate and expedite purchase orders based on production/ end user requirements.
- Work closely with manufacturing and inventory control to maintain adequate stock levels and prevent over-supply or shortage that could result in a line shutdown.
- Expedite rush orders on a weekly basis or as required.
- Creates PO or release from blanket PO’s for bulk chemicals, gases and weigh tickets.
- Order non-stock supplies, equipment and services for MLF.
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the best possible price, quality, opportunity buys and lead time.
- Coordinate the resolution of related invoice discrepancies with Account Payable.
- Manage MRO BRC documentation related to food safety, quality and legality
- Liaise with QA to resolve dispute and complete of NCR (Non-conformance Reports) for the Consumables.
- Create and set up new items in the system – Axapta.
- Support key stakeholders as required to expedite rush orders for QA, IT, Sanitation and Production.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner; and continuously finds opportunities to make the function’s processes more efficient and effective over the period and share these with direct manager.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of three years’ purchasing experience
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.)
- Working knowledge of GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety & quality
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while organizing and prioritizing workload.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office, ERP and database skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of process improvement tools
Education and/or Certification Requirement: Post-Secondary Diploma
Working Condition: Office based
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.