Retail Cashier Team Lead
Position: Retail Cashier Team Lead (Retail Chicken Shop)
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Part-time
Role Purpose: Responsible and accountable for day to day consumer transactions while maintaining and executing the highest standard of customer service.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- In conjunction with Retail business managers, responsible for providing and executing all retail business functions and transactions (approximately $10,000 to $80,000 daily)
- Provides and maintains fast, efficient customer service and manages staff based on customer flow. Handles customer concerns and/or complaints.
- Responsible for ensuring all departmental tasks area completed in a timely manner, delegating and coordinating tasks effectively with proper follow-up with staff to completion.
- Remains current in understanding of Retail business trends by working closely with Management, reviewing customer feedback, and researching competitor/consumer trends
- Oversees and coordinates the daily set-up and execution of all Retail Cashier functions and leads the opening and closing duties of the store. Responsible for ensuring that Cashiers are accurate with cashing in and cash-outs; consolidates all cash-outs and accompanied reports; and finalizes cash-out for deposit bags.
- Maintain and accurately manage all sales transactions (cash, credit and debit). Report any internal or external system errors and/or disconnect during transaction process.
- Plans workload on a short/medium-term basis; orders and maintains shipping supplies.
- Promote upselling and product specials, and manage staff coupon programs and sampling initiatives.
- Ensure alignment with Store marketing objectives and strategies and responsible for promoting and maintaining department efficiencies.
- Manage wholesale business relationships / inventory and ordering.
- Troubleshoot and correct system issues and report deviances as required.
- Manage/approve/update price changes on a weekly basis with direction from management and responsible for ensuring that all pricing is correct.
- Coordinate and maintain trailer cleanliness and monitors trailer and staff safety.
- Works in conjunction with Management and Accounting to ensure all monies are finalized at the end of the transaction period.
- Provide back up to Supervisor / Manager as required.
- People Supervision : organize and supervise the activities and work of a small team of subordinates to ensure that all assigned work activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner. Provide input for hiring and performance management and report team issues and concerns to the Retail Cash Supervisor; manage shift schedules and staff efficiencies based on customer traffic and in conjunction with company goals and initiatives; and schedules lunches and breaks and makes staffing recommendations.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures : follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner. Ensure that Retail Cashier staff are adhering to company policy and procedure; Comply with all Maple Lodge Farms Internal cash and transaction policies and procedures; and assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of improved departmental processes, policies and procedures.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Background in Poultry and Meat industry is an asset;
- Previous experience in the restaurant / retail business an asset;
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Well organized team player, detailed oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- General Computer Skills (MS Office).
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. Please make sure to attach an updated copy of your resume.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.