Sanitation Team Lead
Position: Sanitation Team Lead
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time
Role purpose: Responsible for the coordination and direction of tasks outlined by the Sanitation Supervisor(s). Serves as support to the Sanitation Supervisor(s), monitoring departmental operations and aiding technical training of Sanitation Technicians.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Ensures all Sanitation department shift objectives pertaining to sanitation are achieved through the effective coordination and implementation of the Sanitation Supervisors’ directions, and ongoing monitoring of the departmental workforce.
- Helps to ensures all applicable Company and/or Regulatory requirements and standards pertaining to employee and product safety are adhered to, by complying with the set standards, and by monitoring for compliance with the sanitation cleaning procedures as per the written program by the Sanitation Technicians.
- Reports any found deviations or safety concerns to the Sanitation Supervisor, and helps initiate preventative/corrective action when and where required.
- Ensures that Sanitation department equipment and systems (central systems, CIPs, container washing, dispensers, janitorial, etc.) are in proper functioning order by actively monitoring the systems, and through the timely reporting of issues to key Sanitation and/or Maintenance personnel.
- Performs troubleshooting and minor repairs to Sanitation equipment (e.g. hose replacements) to minimize downtime and increases departmental efficiency.
- Performs all technical verification procedures, such as chemical titrating; water temperatures; pressure checks; and chemical labeling, and accurately completes documentation on sanitation records.
- Ensures cleaning detergent inventory needs are consistently met by monitoring, reporting inventory levels, and replenishing supplies, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completes all sanitation records, ensuring that all specified limits are adhered to and corrective actions are implemented as required when there is a deviation to specified limits.
- Conducts internal “Pre-Op” QA inspections, and directs Sanitation Technicians with cleaning requirements where necessary, facilitating on-time delivery of equipment to QA for pre-operational inspections at established times.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
SAFETY, QUALITY, ENVIRONMENT & BRC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Promote and comply with all Maple Lodge Farms Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, and Environmental Management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years sanitation experience
- Must possess mechanical aptitude
- Understanding of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.) through knowledge and application of existing sanitation procedures and SSOP’s.
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Ability to read and write English and complete documentation and general data entry.
Education and/ Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma;
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma an asset.
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
Working Condition: Plant based
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.