Position: Shipping Supervisor
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
Interested in joining a private family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth – we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Role purpose: Responsible for ensuring that loads get out on time while following all GMPs and BRC regulations. Ensure that all employees follow the product and employee safety policies and procedures.
Shift: Monday – Thursday from 4:30 pm to 1:00 am, Friday 10:00 pm to 6:30 am
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Responsible for ensuring all products being shipped and received and packaged as per approved procedures to avoid damage.
- Ensures products shipped to another federal registered establishment conform to the associated regulatory requirements.
- Follows First-In, First-Out (FIFO) procedure and completes all required Shipping & Receiving documentation accurately.
- Inspects and ensures that carriers used to load or unload goods are clean, and do not pose a food safety hazard.
- Assists the Shipping Manager in planning and organizing warehouse activities relating to Shipping & Receiving, transportation, receiving returns, order filling, inventory control, and storage.
- Implements corrective action and process improvements when and where appropriate.
- Maintains a clean and safe warehouse environment.
- Ensure that any individual (internal or external to MLF) coming into the department are trained on and follow the appropriate health and safety policies and procedures.
- People Supervision:
- Organize and supervise the activities and work of a small team of subordinates to ensure that all assigned work activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner.
- Provide formal and informal feedback to subordinates to ensure their continuous development and overall contribution to the achievement of Maple Lodge Farms business strategy.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of improved departmental processes, policies and procedures.
- Promote and comply with all Maple Lodge Farms Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, and Environmental Management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices laid out by the company.
- Actively participate in all internal and external audits.
- Investigate, find root cause, determine corrective action and/or preventative measures and follow up on any deviations noted while performing assigned tasks.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Shipping & Receiving (Imports / Exports) in a unionized environment; some Supervisory experience is an asset;
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
- Team-player with excellent leadership skills, able to motivate others, negotiate effectively, and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
Education and Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- BT / Forklift License
Working Condition: Plant based – driving Forklift / BT; exposure to extreme temperatures (cold & hot) on a continuous basis.
HOW TO APPLY:Please submit applications by email to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance