Position: Stationary Engineer
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
Interested in joining a private family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth – we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Role purpose: Responsible for the Plant startup shift, ensuring the safe operation and monitoring of the Ammonia Refrigeration Plant, steam system, air compressors, and equipment which falls under TSSA. 4th Class Engineers to provide support to 3rd Class Engineers.
Shift: Continental Rotating Shifts; Day Shift: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Night Shift: 7:00 p.m to 7:00 a.m.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Responsible for startup, stopping, and the safe operation of Ammonia compressors, as well as for checking and maintaining temperatures of coolers and freezers.
- Responsible for attending preventative maintenance schedules for: air compressors and driers; ice system and water chiller; ammonia compressors; refrigerant pumps; condensers; purger; air units; evaporators; and fans.
- Checks and inspects condensers, evaporators, and fans.
- Maintains water treatment levels to prevent corrosion to the wet side of equipment.
- Monitors and operates the refrigeration system via the Scada system.
- Monitors the operation of water chillers, the air chill system, and water softeners. Test feed water and condensate as required.
- Operates coil tube boilers, Kenco hot water boiler, and heat exchangers as required.
- Monitors the operation of plant compressed air system.
- Checks the rooftop HVAC units for proper heating or cooling as required. Replaces HVAC rooftop filters and fresh air units. Cleans HVAC unit condensers and ammonia condenser tanks.
- Performs daily routine checks of running equipment and corrects any identified deviations from operating parameters.
- Troubleshoots problems resulting from any deviations from existing setpoint parameters as they may arise in the Plant.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience operating and maintaining an ammonia plant or steam system, and a firm understanding of a close loop system;
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential.
Education and Certification Requirements: 3rd Class Stationary Engineer Certificate.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Plant based – loud sounds, cold environment, wet floors; lifting up to 25 lbs (~25-50% of time); constant use of physical force (e.g. use of tools, pushing, pulling etc…)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.