System Database Administrator
Position: System Database Administrator
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time
Role Purpose: to monitor and maintain production and test environments as well as providing support to Development teams for any database related development and be the advocate for database best practices
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Maintain applications, processes and maintenance procedures, perform tuning and documentation
- Lead the design, development, implementation and security of database systems
- Proactively monitor performance and capacity
- Lead the backup, recovery, testing of recovery procedures and archiving of database systems
- Troubleshoot database issues and perform database impact analysis for proposed changes
- Ensure systems stay updated on all relevant patched and upgrades
- Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: adhere/comply with company policies and procedures; follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner; assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of improved department specific processes, policies and procedures; and recommend, develop and implement enhancements and improvements to departmental policies and procedures.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Database Analyst performing daily database operations and maintenance tasks (i.e. backup/restore, index repair, server, databases and jobs monitoring etc.)
- Experience working with at least 2 of the database Technologies MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB in a Kubernetes or Cloud Environment
- IoT Industry experience, an asset
- MS SQL database certification, an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great problem solving & troubleshooting skills – who can think through problems and develop solutions quickly
- An individual who can multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Linux (RedHat) not required, but preferred
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Ability to work / excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
- Team-player with excellent leadership skills, able to motivate others, negotiate effectively, and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders;
- General Computer Skills (e.g. MS Office)
Education and Certification Requirements: University degree, college diploma or equivalent in computer science or related field.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.