Apple & Chicken Grilled Cheese
Every bite of this Tex Mex grilled cheese with chicken slices, ooey-gooey jalapeño cheese and tangy apple flavour will excite your taste buds.
4 slices Natural from The Farm Black Garlic & Pepper Cooked Chicken Breast Deli
2 tbsp (30 mL) apple butter
4 slices sourdough bread
1/2 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
4 slices jalapeño cheese
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tsp (10 mL) butter, at room temperature
1. Spread apple butter over 2 slices of bread; top each with apple slices, cheese slice, chicken, another cheese slice and green onions. Cap with remaining bread. Lightly spread outer bread slices with butter.
2. Heat large skillet over medium-low heat; cook sandwiches, pressing lightly, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Monterey Pepper Jack, Havarti Jalapeño or Jalapeño Cheddar cheese all work well in this recipe.
- Add some peppery arugula to the sandwich if desired.
- Honeycrisp apple is a good one to use in this recipe.