- 4 slices Natural from The Farm Black Garlic & Pepper Cooked Chicken Breast Deli
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) apple butter
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 slices jalapeño cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter, at room temperature
1Spread apple butter over 2 slices of bread; top each with apple slices, cheese slice, chicken, another cheese slice and green onions. Cap with remaining bread. Lightly spread outer bread slices with butter.
2Heat large skillet over medium-low heat; cook sandwiches, pressing lightly, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 82° C for a whole chicken and 74° C for ground poultry, chicken pieces & cuts.
– Monterey Pepper Jack, Havarti Jalapeño or Jalapeño Cheddar cheese all work well in this recipe.
– Add some peppery arugula to the sandwich if desired.
– Honeycrisp apple is a good one to use in this recipe.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.