- 1 lb (500 g) Fresh From the Farm Boneless Chicken Thighs, cubed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili flakes
- 1 can (540 mL) pinto beans, drained and rinse
- 1 can (400 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red finger chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 tsp (20 mL) sesame seeds
1Set multi-function cooker to Sauté function over HIGH heat. Heat oil; cook chicken, salt and pepper for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken starts to brown. Stir in onion, red pepper, carrot, celery, jalapeño, ginger, garlic, chili powder and chili flakes for 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
2Stir in beans, tomatoes, broth, barbecue sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil. Turn Sauté function off.
3Place lid on; lock and seal in position. Pressure-cook on HIGH for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and manually release pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions. Carefully remove lid. Garnish with green onions, chili pepper and sesame seeds.
- To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 180°F (82°C) for a whole chicken, and 165°F (74°C) for ground poultry, chicken pieces and cuts.
- Serve with steamed rice or spoon over Asian-style noodles if desired.
- For an extra-spicy kick, serve chili with sriracha sauce.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.