- 4 Fresh From the Farm Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 5 oz (150 g) arugula
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn kernels, cooked
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped cucumber
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
1Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grate well. Stir together parsley, oil, basil, vinegar, lemon juice, jalapeño, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano.
2Toss 1/4 cup (60 mL) herb chimichurri with chicken. Grill chicken for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until grill-marked and cooked through. Let stand for 5 minutes; slice.
3Divide arugula among 4 plates. Top with tomato, corn, cucumber, avocado and red onion. Arrange chicken slices on top of salad. Drizzle with remaining chimichurri.
- To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 180°F (82°C) for a whole chicken, and 165°F (74°C) for ground poultry, chicken pieces and cuts.
- Grill corn on the cob and slice off corn kernels for added grill flavour in the salad.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.