- 4 Fresh From the Farm Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) rice wine vinegar, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) miso paste, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) tahini paste
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups (2 L) shredded napa cabbage
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked shelled edamame
- 2 mandarin oranges, segmented
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sliced almonds
- 4 tsp (20 mL) toasted sesame seeds
1Stir together 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice wine vinegar, 2 tbsp (30 mL) miso paste, and honey; toss with chicken. Let stand for 20 minutes.
2Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grate well. Grill chicken for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until grill-marked and cooked through. Let stand for 5 minutes; slice.
3Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together tahini, remaining rice wine vinegar, remaining miso paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar and garlic; add napa cabbage, red pepper, edamame and mandarin oranges, tossing until well coated. Stir in green onions and almonds.
4Divide among 4 plates and top with sliced chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- To make sure your chicken is cooked through, look for an internal temperature reading of 180°F (82°C) for a whole chicken, and 165°F (74°C) for ground poultry, chicken pieces and cuts.
- Substitute hoisin sauce, soy sauce or toasted sesame oil for miso paste.
- Spice up the salad with a garnish of thinly sliced red finger chili pepper if desired.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on our latest news, information and updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime.